What You Must Not Do When in Kuala Lumpur
If you are planning to stay and invest in property Malaysia in Kuala Lumpur, knowing about this land is not just enough but at the same time, you should also know what you must not do. That is right, it is important not to be in anyone’s bad side if you want to live in peace and just do your thing or else, you will really have a burdensome life. Especially if you are not a local, you need to be in good terms with the people who own the land by birth right. A few properties in Malaysia is Bandar Rinching, Amadesa, Taman Sri Sentosa and Mentari Court.
So, here are some of the things you must not do in KL:
1. You don’t need to avoid local diners.
Yes, they may seem daunting at first look, especially seeing that they are always full of locals or expats, but you will surely miss a lot of you won’t be able to taste what they have to offer. After all, as Malaysia is the home of different breeds, foods from the different lands are usually available for everyone to take delight of. Instead, you have to bear in mind that a busy restaurant means good food.
2. No public display of affection.
Yes, this is not allowed in this part of the globe knowing that most people here are Muslims and they are quite the conservative types. If you don’t want to antagonize the locals, even if from where you come, this is just an ordinary thing, you should not hug, kiss or anything that is considered PDA in any part of Malaysia.
3. Taxis in Malaysia might be safe to use, but not when it comes to their fares.
Yes, unless they will use the meter, you should not get into any taxi at all. Most of them will not use the meter and will just deal you with a fixed price that is a lot more from what you will pay with the meter. Besides, you can always use the railways as they have trains that are fast and can go to any part of Kuala Lumpur.
4. Don’t initiate shake hands unless someone will first offer his hands.
As the religion of most of the people here is Islam, physical contact is not their usual act. This is even prohibited by their religion, even as simple as shaking hands. So as not to be in trouble even if you are not a Muslim yourself, might as well avoid physical contact in any form as well.
5. When you are about to enter what they consider as a holy place, or a home of someone you met, you should take off your shoes.
They expect that of you, and it is their practice. This is perceived as respect and again, you should dress appropriately even when visiting another home. You must not wear shorts or short skirts and so on.
6. Don’t underestimate the traffic in Kuala Lumpur as just like the traffic in other countries, it can get congested in this state as well.
Thus, if you have a plane to catch, be sure you start early, or you might miss it. Even if you think it is not the time of the day for the traffic to get dragging, you should still go early just to make sure.
7. Yes, is usually hot in Malaysia and that is due to its geographical location.
However, there are months where they will also be visited with occasional rains and even thunderstorms at that. At times like that, you cannot trust anybody but your umbrella thus, it is safe to always bring one. In fact, your umbrella is more reliable than the weatherman.
8. Don’t forget to always bring a pack of tissue with you wherever you go.
Yes, this might be just a trivial matter, but when you check one of their public toilets, that’s when you realize that this warning has essence after all. Public toilets in Kuala Lumpur after all is known to be lack of hygiene.
Aside from the fact that you might want to inspect the real estate industry in Kuala Lumpur since you plan to delve into property Malaysia here, there are still so many other things to do in this state. So, in case you have free time, you can check the following:
* The tallest twin towers which is known as the Petronas towers should be worth your time. Yes, they are the tallest twin towers in the world, thus it would be a pity if this will not be included in your pictures. Not only that this is enough to for you to check, the view of Kuala Lumpur will also be breathtaking from up there.
* Another way to spend your free time is checking out the Kuala Lumpur Bird Park. Here you will see some magnificent feathery animals. You will find about 3000 of birds here. For sure you won’t forget this site and for sure, this will add excitement to your photo album.
* They also have the Sunway Lagoon Themed Park that will surely complete your day. This is just perfect for everyone. If you are with your family, you will surely have a lot of fun here. This is not just a themed park, here in the same place, you will also experience the wild life as well as extreme rides which will surely be amazing for the adventurous people.
* The central market is the best place to shop if you are now planning to buy some goods for your family. Here the products are affordable and if you know how to haggle, you can even get some discounts. Before, this is just a wet market, but that is not the case anymore. Here will find the perfect souvenirs, arts and crafts and a lot more. Check out Pangsapuri Dedaun Hijau (Greenfield Regency), Ukay Perdana and Flora Damansara.
* They also have the butterfly park which is likewise amazing. Here you will find hundreds of butterflies in different colors. So, if you are at the moment alone as you are just checking the real estate market, be sure to bring your family when you will be back. Indeed, this should be one of the reasons why settling in Kuala Lumpur can be quite exciting. There will be boring moments every weekend for you and for your family as there are just so many things to do. You might even find that you won’t have enough time to check all of them. In Kuala Lumpur, Villa Wangsamas, Taman Sri Sentosa, Desa ParkCity (The Northshore Gardens) and G Residen are the best properties that you should check out.
* Check out their 6-story shopping center, the KLCC. This is also where you will find the very famous Petronas twin towers. You will be amazed not only with the products they prepare, but with the establishment itself. You would be amazing to settle in Kuala Lumpur indeed as it has everything you need, especially with boom of their real estate. As you are planning to take part of property Malaysia, today is the best time to start your project. Not only that the properties in Kuala Lumpur are cheaper, at the same time, this place is also bustling with opportunities with so many tourists coming in and out of the state. A rental property will just be perfect with so many renters looking for a place to stay. However, if you are interested in moving to areas like Penang, you should check out Boulevard Condominium, The Golden Triangle, Fettes Residence, Desa Green, and Batu Ferringhi.